Tree Planting and Nature Road Trip



Communal Forest and Daranak Falls
Samsung Galaxy U (SHW-M130L) 5MP Camera

Baras Rizal and Tanay Rizal
June 2012


Each of us always think of taking that small step to do something great, to step out of our comfort zones and create more meaning to the things we do. Haribon Foundation, a non-government organization is doing just that. It aims to "protect nature and preserve life" by encouraging people to participate in their activities. 

Haribon recently held a Tree Planting Activity at Baras Communal Forest as part of their Road to 2020 movement. It was such a pleasant experience to be a part of something that will surely bear fruit literally and figuratively. 

I woke up at 5:00 am for the tree planting and took public transport service to Baras' New Municipal Hall. The weather was damp, my friend woke up late and I had to travel alone. I arrived at the meeting place an hour after the call time and was seriously thinking of turning my back towards the comfort of home. It wasn't really my day.

I was already thinking of heading home when I met the The Pinoy Volunteers' Group who were also at Baras' New Municipal Hall for Haribon's Tree Planting Activity. My friend not showing up turned out to be a blessing as it led me to meet these kind individuals with whom I look forward to spending more of my volunteer weekends. 

Pinoy Volunteers Group
Photo taken by: Bry Ocampo

 PS: I also got invited to their tour to Daranak Falls afterwards XD

















Unless someone like you care a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.
~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 Phontographic Exploits |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.