Passiflora coccinea (Red Passion Flower)

Passiflora coccinea (Red Passion Flower)
Samsung Galaxy U (SHW-M130L) 5MP Camera
Monterey Hills Subdivision
April 2012 


My friends and I were scouting house and lots at Monterey Hills Subdivision in Marikina when I saw this flower. At first I thought it was an enlarged flower of a cacao tree, but when I looked closely, it isn't. This is the first time I have seen this flower but I know, that I have seen something like it before. The structure of the flower's main parts is unique I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. But alas, Manong owner doesn't know what it's called (sighs). 

We were on the way back when it struck me that the flowers I just saw closely resembled the flowers I always see at the back of VetMed dorm in UPLB. I also saw a purple blue variation of it on the Flora Filipina Exhibit and it all came back to me! This should be a species from the Passion flower family, so I used Google to identify this plant.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 Phontographic Exploits |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.